RESKILL – DEVELOPMENT COURSE
- Cutting & Colouring
This is a very exciting course that will see your confidence restored and provide you with a firm sense of the hairdressing industry and its for-ever changing fashion trends. Our instructors will ease you back to a clear feeling and comprehension of the trade today.
The course consists of thorough back to basics, classic cutting and colouring techniques. We understand everyone is different and require a course to suit their individual needs. This is why the time spent at the foundation level may vary from person to person. We are very happy to tailor make a course that suits your skill level.
All skill levels.
Ideal course to incorporate into regular salon training.
Finish between 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Available Monday to Friday
$80 per day
SPECIALISED EVENING COURSES
- Cutting Foundation’s
The BIBA Academy Cutting Foundation’s course will provide you with a vision into the timeless, pure fundamentals that are the very foundation of great hairdressing. The low student to teacher ratio guarantees you plenty of attention from our Academy’s Creative Director.
With clear, concise instruction through informative demonstrations, lectures and guided hands-on work sessions, you will learn techniques covering one length, layering and graduation cutting – the building blocks to every BIBA image. These essential concepts will add depth and structure to anyone’s repertoire.
Basic cutting knowledge required.
Ideal for 3rd year apprentice’s, newly qualified hairdressers and anyone retruning to the industry.
- Salon Creative’s
This course is designed to kick start your creativity over two intensive days. The content is devoted to cutting skills that make a statement and bring a fresh perspective to your salon work. It features a strong technical foundation to create inspirational ‘salon’ looks.
Creative Director, Lyndal Salmon, will guide each hairdresser through a series of demonstrations and work sessions, detailing BIBA’s latest ideas and inspirations. BIBA Academy specialise in tailored, sculptural and creative work that relies on strong technique and precision cutting. The two day course will give hairdressers inspiration and a tool box of techniques to build on.
A truly contemporary, fashion inspired course.
Experienced stylists who want to give their salon work a creative edge.
Designed to deliver a concise introduction to the second oldest profession in the world, the BIBA Academy Barbering Short Course focuses on shape refinement, scissor over comb techniques and will take you from classic shapes in to fashion forward work. The course will leave you skilled in the dedicated cutting, styling and finishing techniques found in barbering.
Perfect for hair professionals with more than one year of qualified experience or those looking for a kick start in barbering.
Arrive 5:45pm for a 6.00pm start: We begin each evening with an introduction and live demonstration and discussion on trends.
6:45pm: Begin workshop
Participants do have an option to bring their own model at 7:30pm.
COURSE DATES – 2013
BIBA Academy, 236 Johnston St, Fitzroy
$480 inc gst*
*cost includes mannequin head and information package to take home
Contact Mirella on (03) 9415 8488 OR email@example.com
BIBA Academy Education
Technique, knowledge and creative thinking are the foundations of our hairdressing.
We believe that our strength in technical excellence gives us the freedom to create hair that works for our clients and inspires other hairdressers. We want our clients to stand apart, to wear beautiful hair that is cut to fit the client specifically.
We want to share our foundations with hairdressers interested in acquiring the technical expertise to release their creative potential.
Fee’s & Enrolment
- A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the commencement date and at the time specified in the confirmation letter. This letter will be sent to the student upon the completed application form together with the correct course fee.
- Course fee’s must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Once a course has been booked, no refunds of the course fee will be permitted in the event of a cancellation, if notice of cancellation is received less than 21 days prior to course commencement date. For cancellation between 21 and 42 days a cancellation fee of 50% of the course fee will be charged. For cancellations 42 days or more prior to course date an administration fee of $50 will be charged.
- Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the course date will be permitted without at least 21 days written notice being received by BIBA Academy, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date subject to availability.
- All fee’s quoted are inclusive of GST.
- In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason, no refunds will be made and no entitlement to a late-date course will be gained.
- Students are required to attend on the first morning of their course at 9.45am for the purpose of registration. Courses commence at 10.00am and finish at 5.00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- It is required that all students attending have a basic knowledge of how to cut hair.
- Students are requested to bring their own tools: scissors, sectioning clips, cutting comb, brushes.
- Students are expected to be suitably dressed for salon work.
- The instructor will make no allowances for lateness or absenteeism without prior consent. The right is also reserved to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action.
- All courses and fees are subject to change without prior notice. However once bookings have been confirmed, course fees cannot be changed.
- Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed by another salon, not to solicit that student for the purpose of employment in any way, whilst the student is attending a BIBA Academy course.
- In the event that a student is dissatisfied with the instruction which is provided to them, students will agree to submit in writing, any such complaint concerning the instruction during the course that has been selected and within 24 hours of the time that such complaint arises.